HVAC Truck Based Chiller Mechanic (Journeyman) Union
Company: Johnson Controls
Posted on: October 10, 2021
What you will
We are looking for a skilled
Journeymen Chiller Mechanic who has worked in commercial,
industrial, and/or institutional markets to join our team.
Candidates should have a minimum of 5 years’ chiller experience,
with knowledge of maintenance procedures, trouble shooting, and
rebuilds of medium-large tonnage chillers of all brands.
How?you will do
- You will be assigned primary service accounts and
responsibility for executing contract maintenance visits,
inspections, site assessments, service requests and recommending
necessary upgrades or repairs to prolong the equipment life cycle
of our customers equipment? ?
- You will establish & maintain a positive relationship
with customers, vendors and co-workers through effective oral and
written communication skills via phone, computer, and face
to face ?
- You will be expected to provide quote estimates for
labor & material repairs and upgrades as needed?
- You will represent the company by serving as the direct
customer contact and be responsible for servicing products and
equipment on assigned projects, ensuring customer satisfaction by
identifying, analyzing, diagnosing and repairing equipment and
systems at customer’s location?
- You will be required to use cutting edge software and
technology, along with a variety of hand-tools, rigging equipment,
following blueprints or engineering specifications, to diagnose and
- You will be expected to continually enforce safety to
the highest standards and maintain security and accountability of
company issued and procured assets by recording use, wear
- You will be expected to work as part of a team who is
dedicated to delivering the highest standard of service to all its
customers which may require the flexibility to work overtime and
weekends as the business requires, including occasional
- You will be added to our on-call rotation, since we are
a 24/7 service company
What we look
- Requires Mechanical Journeyman status
- Valid Red Seal Refrigeration and A/C
- Valid ODS certification
- More than 5 years of commercial, industrial, and/or
institutional experience with all types of chillers, various
compressor technologies, chiller control systems, and speed
- Operating knowledge of Microsoft office software and
working proficiency with hand-held computer (i.e. Smartphone,
- Adherence to company safety program
- Valid driver's license, appropriate licenses to work
with refrigerants, boiler and steam operational & service
- Good verbal and written
- Must be able to be on call nights and weekends on a
**This is a Bargaining Unit
International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and
affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran
status, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with
a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For
more information, please view?EEO is the Law.?If
you are an individual with a disability and you require an
accommodation during the application process, please visit?www.johnsoncontrols.com/careers.?
Keywords: Johnson Controls, Portage , HVAC Truck Based Chiller Mechanic (Journeyman) Union, Other , Portage, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!