Associate Technical Support Specialist - Hybrid
Company: Stryker Corporation
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology
companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make
healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in
Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine
that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. We are proud to be
named one of the World's Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for
Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning
organization by visiting stryker.com
Responsible for learning all product lines, fielding customer
calls, troubleshooting customer issues, and dispatching field
service reps or third party service vendors to respond to customer
requests for service. Responsibilities also include logging all
pertinent customer information into the appropriate databases.
Individual will serve as a back-up on technical support call loops
or e-mail distribution to conduct part number look-ups.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for supporting all customer service requests via
phone or voice mail in a timely manner.
- Will fully investigate product issues in order to assist field
service reps in troubleshooting.
- Will follow a standardized data entry process to ensure 100%
accuracy for all service calls.
- Initiates and tracks documentation to authorize and direct work
according to customers' contractual obligations.
- Accountable for all record-keeping as appropriate and in
accordance with Stryker specifications.
- Utilize proper software and technological tools to maintain
proper records and access technical information.
- Collect, analyze and report on call center metrics in
accordance with direction from service support manager.
- Complete training to achieve training certification on all
product segments within first 12 months on the technical support
- Assist with technical support call loops and e-mail inquiries
on part number requests.
- Customer satisfaction: Perform with honesty and integrity
instituting a highly responsive and unsurpassed level of customer
service. Live The Stryker Brand, to earn customer loyalty by
developing true friendships with our customers, providing
best-in-class products, services and quality.
- Committed to quality by striving for reliability and quality in
our products, continuously searching for ways to enhance
performance and meeting all training and documentation
- Strive for operational excellence by promoting a team based,
product-focused organization; contributing to continuous
- Invests in employee involvement and development by fostering
personal growth, being responsible and accountable, being
passionate towards the success of the business and treating all
with dignity and respect.
- Participates in the creation and continuous improvement of
- Identifies and records all productivity issues or concerns and
help root cause problems. Participates in the development and
implementation of corrective actions.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities/projects and
assist in any additional team/organizational projects.
- Builds relationships and fosters teamwork with team members,
leadership and individuals within other depts.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Education & Special Training
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Electro Mechanical /Electronic Experience preferred
- Knowledge and use of hand and power tools preferred
- Stryker Field Service Experience preferred
Qualifications & Experience
- Must exhibit excellent verbal and written communication skills
and demonstrate a positive and professional image.
- Must exhibit excellent troubleshooting/problem solving
- Must be PC literate, preferably with ERP experience.
- Exhibits eagerness to assist internal and external
- Basic skills - possess these basic skills or have the aptitude
and desire to learn - time management, project management,
interpersonal relations, stress management, people management,
conflict management, customer service, Windows, Microsoft Office
Suite, JDE, and basic office equipment.
- Functional skills - Ability to learn and use product knowledge,
medical terminology, and high level of organizational and detail
- Demonstrated ability to understand the mechanical and
electrical systems of all Stryker Medical Products.
Requires ability to lift/carry 10-50 lbs. on a frequent basis
depending on product line, may rarely lift/carry 50-75 lbs. May
utilize lifting devices for material over 75 lbs.
Job demands include prolonged stooping, kneeling, crouching,
bending, sitting, standing and/or crawling as appropriate.
May be required to reach, push or pull in order to accomplish
Requires hand grasp ability.
Requires coordination of hands and/or eye/hand/foot.
Meets cognitive demands to include visual discrimination/memory,
auditory discrimination/memory reading ability, independent
decision making and retention of specific knowledge.
Requires use of safety glasses in designated areas.
- May handle various materials that may include, but are not
limited to: DuraCot fabric, nylon fabric, Velcro, zippers, product
components comprised of rubber, metals, and coated products.
Ability to work independently, exercise sound judgment, and
elicit support and cooperation from coworkers.
Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally
and in written format.
Willingness and ability to work extended workweek including
nights and weekends.
Demonstrated ability to present a positive image of Stryker
Medical through adherence to account protocol and presentation of
professional image in dress, grooming, and behavior at all times
when interacting and interfacing with account staff and
- Willingness to follow all safety rules. Must ensure service
standardization with the field organization through adherence and
enforcement of policies and procedures established by Stryker
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying
for this position. Learn more about our employee referral
Keywords: Stryker Corporation, Portage , Associate Technical Support Specialist - Hybrid, Other , Portage, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!