Quality Control Technician
Company: Stryker Corporation
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology
companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make
healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in
Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine
that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. We are proud to be
named one of the World's Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for
Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning
organization by visiting stryker.com
This is a contracted position lasting for approximately 6 months
on 1st shift:
Under general supervision performs moderately complex and
repetitive inspection tasks using standard procedures, gauges,
tools, and equipment in a production unit.
- Will perform incoming inspection on components and
Electro/mechanical products per company/regulatory
- Will work from engineering schematics or blueprints to perform
accurate checks and tests.
- Will be required to comply with documentation and regulatory
procedures and policies.
- Will maintain inspection equipment (calibration,
- Will provide training and/or guidance to other Quality Control
- Will interact with internal and external customers to resolve,
inspection and/or components issues.
- Will work from written and/or verbal
- May include training others on inspection techniques and
- May be required to assess compliance of processes to standards
- May inspect packaging and/or labeling and literature to ensure
- May help devise and utilize non-standard inspection
- May be required to operate a CMM or similar equipment.
- May participate in or lead QA improvement projects.
- Provide great customer support to:
- Quality Engineers
- Quality Techs
- Team Leaders
- Supplier Quality Engineers
- Advanced Quality Engineers/Advanced Quality Techs
- Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force on a frequent
basis and/or up to 75 pounds of force occasionally to move
- Very good visual acuity.
- Requires hand grasp ability.
- Requires coordination of hands and/or eye/hand/foot.
- May be required to reach, push or pull in order to accomplish
- Ability to work with and inspects very small objects and/or
tools and component parts.
- Job demands include prolonged stooping, kneeling, crouching,
bending, sitting and/or standing as appropriate.
- Must be able to observe and note minute inconsistencies.
- Must be able to follow and explain detailed instructions and
- Must be able to complete detailed documentation
- Must be able to communicate product or component part
deficiencies to supervisor or Engineering personnel.
- Must be able to prioritize work effectively.
- Must be able to analyze and resolve non-routine product issues
using independent judgment and inspection equipment.
- Must be able to address problems independently based on limited
- Must be able to utilize required skills to interpret and
analyze inspection results.
- Must thrive in a Team environment.
Qualifications/Work Experience Preferred
- Reading, writing, arithmetic, and measuring skills.
- Good computer skills and the ability to learn Stryker specific
- Blueprint/Engineering schematic reading and
- Ability to select and operate appropriate measurement and
- Basic/Non-routine inspection techniques
- 2-4 years close tolerance quality control inspection
Education/Special Training Required
- High school diploma
- Formal education/Quality control training desired.
- GD&T training desired
- CMI/CQT or other Quality/ mechanics skill recognition
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying
for this position. Learn more about our employee referral
Keywords: Stryker Corporation, Portage , Quality Control Technician, Other , Portage, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!