Transportation Project Engineer and Lead Designer
Company: Abonmarche Consultants, INC
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Our team consists of over 120 committed professionals at all
levels. Founded in 1979, we have been expanding over the past
several years and now serve clients from offices in Benton Harbor,
South Haven and Kalamazoo, Michigan as well as South Bend,
Valparaiso, Lafayette, Hobart, Goshen, and Fort Wayne, Indiana. We
offer civil engineering with emphasis on transportation design and
construction engineering for Michigan Department of Transportation
(MDOT), surveying, architectural, waterfront development, and
landscape architecture services for local and state agencies.
We are seeking bright, new talent to join our knowledgeable,
creative, experienced team. Benefits include a competitive salary,
health, dental and vision insurance, 401k plan, paid time off, and
life insurance. Some remote work may be available for this
position. Please visit our website at www.abonmarche.com.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide engineering design for a variety of highway design
projects including: roadway reconstruction and overlay, bridge
approaches, storm sewers, sidewalk ramps, guardrail, pavement
marking and signing, and right of way plans.
- Develop plans, specifications and estimates based on current
MDOT plan development and design wiki requirements.
- Perform drainage delineation, calculation and storm sewer pipe
sizing using GEOPAK drainage.
- Ability to develop pavement marking plans, signing plans, and
maintenance of traffic plans. Certification or training on SignCAD
and MTSIS will be a plus.
- Must have the ability to recommend Best Management Practices
(BMPs) per requirements of MDOT and Michigan Department of
Environmental Quality (MDEQ).
- Perform and deliver cost estimates using MDOTs Weighted Average
Item Price Report and ability to work through AASHTO software and
- Prepare design computations and quantity estimates.
- Review, assign and provide guidance to drafting technicians to
prepare working design plans using OpenRoads / MicroStation.
- Utilize OpenRoads/MicroStation GEOPAK SS4 and GEOPAK drainage
to develop plans.
- Assist in client contact and communication pertaining to
- Assist in the preparation of reports, specifications, plans,
design schedules, and environmental impact studies.
- Ability to understand ProjectWise working
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelors degree in civil engineering with emphasis in
- Michigan Professional Engineer license preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in highway design (all components of
alignment and geometrics design), based on Michigan Department of
Transportation (MDOT) road design manual.
- Must be proficient with Microstation GEOPAK SS4.
- Must have an understanding of MDOT Workspace concept for plan
development using OpenRoads/MicroStation.
- Must have prior experience in 3D modelling using
- Ability to perform drainage design using GEOPAK drainage when
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Job Type: Full-time
Keywords: Abonmarche Consultants, INC, Portage , Transportation Project Engineer and Lead Designer, Other , Portage, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!