Staff Engineer - Mechanical
Company: Stryker Corporation
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology
companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make
healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in
Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine
that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. We are proud to be
named one of the World's Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for
Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning
organization by visiting stryker.com
Who We Want
Dedicated Achievers, who are relentless about quality and
deliver safe and robust solutions.
Motivated problem solvers and product launchers, who thrive in a
fast-paced environment and will stop at nothing to ensure a project
is complete and meets regulations and expectations.
Relationship builders, we value relationships and we win
User-focused creators, keeping the customer and requirements
squarely in focus and who imagine with the user in mind, developing
technology that helps change patients' lives.
Curious Learners, who seek out cutting edge research and
information to enhance their ability to develop new ideas into
What You Will Do:
This position is on the R&D team for Surgical Technologies.
You will be working within a technical team to develop the next
generation of Neptune Surgical fluid management system.
- Work cooperatively with R&D, Quality, Manufacturing,
Regulatory, Clinical, Marketing and Project Management to ensure
- Independently designs, develops, modifies, evaluates and
verifies mechanical components and subsystems for medical
- Identify and support the creation of or improvements to
procedures, policies, processes, systems, and technology.
- Support and execute segments of complex multifunctional teams
to advance projects through the design /development/launch
- Independently research, design, develop, modify, and verify
components, modules and sub-systems for medical devices.
- Translate user needs to design inputs/ specifications and
produce complex system level designs with some guidance.
- Conduct or design advanced prototyping and testing.
- Must be able to analyze and correct complex product design
issues using independent judgment.
Who We Want
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, or related
- 4+ years of related work experience
- Good understanding of CAD tools (Pro-E)
- Strong technical ability to develop and optimize designs for
mechanical / electro-mechanical assemblies incorporating DFM
- Strong technical ability in creating engineering drawings,
models, applying GD&T and CAE tools
- Adept at applying knowledge of materials and manufacturing
processes to product design
- Experience in designing mechanical components and syste
- A good analytic and mathematics understandi
- Experience with performing detailed stack-ups, FMEAs,
requirements specifications, etc.
- Able to design & execute a test protocol to prove a design
meets acceptance criteria of a Design Input.
- Sheet metal design experience a bonus
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying
for this position. Learn more about our employee referral
Keywords: Stryker Corporation, Portage , Staff Engineer - Mechanical, Other , Portage, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!