Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology
companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make
healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in
Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine
that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. We are proud to be
named one of the World's Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for
Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning
organization by visiting stryker.com
It's time to join Stryker!
We are a great place to work. Fortune, in association with Great
Place to Work, named us among the World's Best Workplaces. We
currently rank #5 out of the 25 companies on the list. This list
highlights companies that have gone above and beyond to create a
great workplace for employees all over the world. Fortune also
named us one of the 100 Best Companies to Work for in the United
States. This is the eleventh consecutive year we have been on the
list, and we also ranked #5 out of 100 on this list!
Who We Want
Software Enthusiast. People who can come up creative design for
complex software program and seek out the tough bugs to fix.
Curious learners. Engineers who seek out cutting-edge research
and information to expand and enhance their ability to develop
Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage
cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas,
information, use cases, and industry analyses to develop best
What You Will Do
As a Senior Staff Engineer, Robotics Software, you will
participate in planning and conduct software requirement analysis
and design. You will write software and software scripts that will
interact with and control complex electro-mechanical systems. You
will participate in validating the functionality of your programs
with surgeons, nurses, and other stakeholders. You will be involved
in all facets of the software development life cycle. You should be
highly organized and detail oriented, with the ability to convey
highly technical information to internal staff as well as external
clients. It is also important that you combine excellent verbal and
written communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, and
the ability to work well both independently and as part of a
- You will conduct and design advanced prototyping and
- You will conduct advanced problem solving, identify potential
solutions, and evaluate them against component and sub-system
- You will conduct and design research and studies to support
advanced product design.
- You will translate user needs to design inputs/specifications
and produce advanced component and sub-system level designs.
- You will analyze and correct complex product design issues,
using independent judgment.
- You will balance design trade-offs while designing a component
of the system.
- You will code development time/resource estimation to support
- You will collaborate with R&D, Quality, Manufacturing,
Regulatory, Clinical, Marketing and Project Management to ensure
project success as a leader on the team.
- You will identify and support the creation of or improvements
to procedures, policies, processes, systems, and technology.
- You will support and execute segments of complex product
development to advance projects through the design
- You will contribute to product development from concept through
- You will deliver high quality results with passion, energy and
drive to meet business priorities.
What You Need
What We Would Love That You Have (Preferred)
- Knowledge in tools for static/dynamic analysis, memory
management, code coverage and techniques for analyzing
- Experience in unit and integration level testing, automated
- Experience in Software Development Life Cycle processes
- Knowledge of Application Lifecycle Management /Traceability
tools (e.g. JIRA).
- Knowledge of regulatory and compliance standards applied to the
SDLC (e,g. IEC 62304).
- Network communications and protocols experience preferred.
- Robotics control experience preferred.
- RTOS experience preferred.
- MATLAB experience preferred.
Why Stryker? "It's the people." That's the answer you'll hear
most often when you ask our employees why they love working
Come join our team at Stryker in Portage / Kalamazoo!
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying
for this position. Learn more about our employee referral