EMC Technician, Product Safety
Company: Stryker Corporation
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology
companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make
healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in
Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine
that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. We are proud to be
named one of the World's Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for
Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning
organization by visiting stryker.com
Perform EMC, electrical and mechanical product safety testing on
new and existing medical devices to show compliance to global
product safety standards. Strive to develop and expand Lab's
testing capabilities and oversee projects to support the growing
lineup of the products and technologies.
- Perform EMC, RF and Safety Compliance testing on medical
devices by reviewing and executing standard procedures and system
- Review product specifications, datasheets, test set-up
instructions, test plans, and pre-evaluation documents to
understand the objectives of assignments prior to starting
- Understand requirements and testing methodologies to perform
testing for compliance (e.g. IEC 60601-1-2, AIM 7351731, FCC part
15 & part 18, etc.).
- Setup test equipment and perform tests such as Radiated &
Conducted Emissions, and Susceptibility (e.g. ESD, Burst, Surge,
- Set up and operate computer-controlled or manually-operated lab
test equipment such as Antennas, Spectrum Analyzers, Signal
Generators, RF Amplifiers and Oscilloscopes, etc.
- Perform sample handling and tracking for test purposes.
- Record test results, numerical and graphical data and document
in compliance with quality system and operating procedures.
- Maintain EMC chamber and other Lab equipment load/availability
schedule. Maintain all lab records.
- Work collaboratively with all Product Development teams.
Coordinate with them and Product Safety engineers on sample
receiving, logging, pre-conditioning, traceability, preparation,
- Communicate information with Product Safety staff and product
teams (turn-around time, test progress, project status, etc.).
- Conduct routine operation, maintenance, calibration,
qualification, and trouble-shooting of laboratory equipment and
- Assist in development, writing, review, and validation of test
methods, laboratory SOPs, and other department-level operating and
- Provide training, instructions, and oversight to other team
members as required.
- Travel to external Test Labs to witness and support testing as
- May make recommendations regarding technical decisions relating
to the interpretation and applicability of test standards.
- Build or modify test fixtures when appropriate.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required; Associate's
degree and/or vocation program in engineering or electronics
technologies is preferred, equivalent experience and training will
- 2 or more years of hands-on experience with EMC and/or RF
- Medical devices testing experience preferred, working knowledge
of IEC 60601 family of standards is desired.
- Experience working in ISO 13485 Quality Management
- Must be PC literate including experience with Microsoft Office
Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ability to read and utilize electronic schematics and wire
- Working knowledge of basic electrical circuits and basic EMC
testing concepts preferred.
- Working knowledge of typical EMC and electrical measurement
equipment. (Oscilloscope, Function Generator, Spectrum Analyzer,
Signal Amplifier,Multi-Meter, etc.).
- Being a resourceful, hands-on, problem solving individual with
initiative and drive to get things done.
- Strong communication &organization skills with great work
- Currently active CSA, UL or ETL certification is a plus.
- Demonstrated mechanical/electrical problem solving skills.
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying
for this position. Learn more about our employee referral
Keywords: Stryker Corporation, Portage , EMC Technician, Product Safety, Other , Portage, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!